The Launch Program
The Launch Program is a class for older teens and young adults to develop and practice the skills needed for independent living.
The Launch program is conducted in four-week modules so that teens and young adult can attend the modules most relevant to their needs. All modules and each class include a simultaneous parent support group dedicated to helping parents help their teens/young adults to successfully launch.
Enrollment is limited as we begin each class with 7-10 students. Classes are typically held on Wednesday or Thursday evenings at Arkansas Families First. Regular attendance and parent participation are required.
- The class is intended for individuals 16 and older who struggle with various aspects of becoming independent.
- Teens and young adults in the program often have Aspergers, High Functioning Autism, mild cognitive delays, social anxiety and/or ADHD.
- Even though structure, support, and encouragement are of emphasis, in order to participate, individuals must be able to manage their behavior and communicate well enough to participate in small group discussion and role-play.
- A screening session is held prior to the classes to prepare teens, young adults, and parents for the program, and to assess their fit.
- The cost of the screening session $50.00 .
- The cost of participation in the 4-week program is $120.00, which is $30.00 per week. We ask that families pay prior to the first class.
What skills are covered?
- Banking and Finance
- Healthy and Nutrition
- Hygiene and Self-care
- Career Preparedness
- Public Transportation
- Dating and Relationships
- Hobbies and Leisure Activities